Flammable Liquid Storage & Dispensing And Risk Of Ignition Or Explosion
(Triggers 1 & 4 Under Pre-Start Health & Safety Review Legislation)
HITE Engineering regularly provides the following services to facilities that process flammable and combustible gases:
- Pre-Start Health & Safety Reviews.
- Tests to determine bonding & grounding quality and recommendations to achieve compliance.
- Finite element analysis of storage & dispensing rooms, dryers, vessels, etc. to determine enclosure strength. This is necessary in order to calculate the amount of explosion venting area required under NFPA 68, or the possibility of utilizing a suppression system under NFPA 69.
- NFPA 68 calculations.
- Area classification drawings.
- Design of ventilation systems.